Monday, January 21, 2008

Dust Bunnies and Crumbs and Crap, Oh My!

Yesterday afternoon we began the mind numbing task of cleaning the manhole. To say that my husband is a packrat is an understatement. I don't think there are words to convey how much junk he saves. My friends will recall the pile of wood that once resided in the back yard. It was, at various points in it's existence, going to be made into a bar, a big-ass picnic table, a sandbox, and something else I can't remember. I finally got rid of it when I told the husband that I was putting it on freecycle and that was the end of it.

It's safe to say that there is nothing in the manhole that anyone else would want, free or otherwise. He's got a stack of clean, used yogurt containers almost as tall as our son. 'Get rid of these!', I say, but he argues that they are perfect for starting plants in. Unless you're growing something slightly less than legal, who starts plants in the basement? And no, he's not growing anything he shouldn't be.

The rest is pure clutter. Various catalogs, books, magazines, a few of Kai's toys here and there, a collection of fine cammo fashions and some 'military memorabilia'. It's not quite as bad as what you might see on one of those shows on TV, like 'Clean House' or 'Clean Sweep'. Not yet, anyway. It could go either way if we don't get a handle on it now.

Took some time away from cleaning last night to watch my favorite guilty pleasure, 'Rock of Love 2'. Good lord. Some of those girls were once boys, I just know it. If Bret's looking for love among this bunch, I'm afraid all he's going to find is a bad case of crabs. I love rocker guys, but Bret needs to take a good long look in the mirror. He's 45 years old, and it's not 1987 anymore. If that bandanna holding his hair on his head gets any wider, it will cover his entire face and he can get into bank robbing. The botox needs to stop. He's starting to look like Goldie Hawn, and not in a good way. An example-

















And could he please quit doing that pouty lip thing? It's not sexy anymore, it's just kind of creepy. Maybe he's had so many collagen injections he can't move his lips anymore, poor thing.

Today will be more cleaning and here in a bit, we'll be going to Kai's weekly visit with the child psychologist, and then to the grocery store. I'm thinking chili and cornbread for dinner tonight. Yummy! Keep warm!

2 comments:

STACY'S TRIP said...

Hey you.... I have been blogging since I moved to KCMO and now I see you do too. I will put you on my favorites here too.... especially since I see you at myspace. How funny!

Kelley said...

Cool! I'm glad to see you here!