Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hello, world!

I've tried this blogging business before and never really kept up with it. But, I like the idea of sharing the details (however mundane they may be) of my daily life with my friends and family and any curious onlookers out there. So, grab a cup of hot cocoa and pull up a chair...

I'm Kelley. I'm a 40-year old married mom of one. My husband Tim and I have a 7-year old son, Kai. Kai is the light of my life and even when he's driving me completely nuts, which is most days, I still love the stuffing out of him. My mom moved in with us this past September, and despite her constant threats to move out, she's still here.

I work full time for a bank, doing stuff with numbers. I'll be honest; my job is not all that important to me. Oh, it's important in the way it keeps food on the table and a roof over our heads, but for the most part, it's something to do between weekends. Banking would not be my number one career choice and I can't think of anyone else who would choose it, either. It's something you kind of just fall into, while you're waiting for your dream job to come along. In my case, I've been waiting for almost 20 years now.

We don't have any cool pets, so I'm afraid I won't be regaling you with funny and endearing pet stories. We have a parakeet named Re-Pete (the first one, Pete, bit the dust the weekend before Christmas), and I think the hermit crab might still be alive but don't quote me on that one.

I love, love, LOVE to bake and cook. And boy does my butt show it. I dabble in weight loss occasionally and wish I had the willpower to stick with it. In the past year or so, I've been baking and cooking from scratch more; no more instant brownies or box dinners for my family! My quest for 'all natural' cooking though, includes copious amounts of cheese, red meat and enough butter to give Paula Deen a coronary. I also include a lot of fresh veggies, though, so it all balances out, right?

I'm a crafty gal, too. I make cards and do scrapbooking and will hopefully post some of my creations here. I find it therapeutic to make things, and I need all the therapy I can get.

So, that's all for my first post, I guess. I'll come back tomorrow and tell you all about my adventures in house cleaning. We're going to clean out the husband's 'man room', I call it the 'manhole' later today, so that I can relocate my craft area in part of it. Pray for me! It's kind of scary down there!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hello my sista! Welcome! Update often so I can keep up with all of you guys...(for a change!) Hell, I may end up using this completely if it works out!