Monday, January 28, 2008

Thirteen And Counting

Well as of today, Tim and I have been married for 13 years. I think we've both taken the vow 'til death do you part' as some sort of personal challenge, because I know for sure that most of our friends and family didn't think we'd make it this long. Hell, there were days when I didn't see it lasting this long.

I'm still a bit puzzled by the whole idea of marriage, especially when I read the anniversary notices in the newspaper and see couples who've been married for 50 years or even 60 years. Good God, can you imagine? Waking up to the same person every day for 50 frigging years? Wow, that's love right there. And don't get me wrong, I love Tim very much, I truly do. But even the idea of being with someone I love for that long is a foreign concept to me. How do you stay married to someone for that long without wanting to either run screaming to another state, or bash your spouse over the head with a cast-iron skillet?

And so, you may ask, did we do anything romantical for our anniversary? Why no, we did not. Tim went to some Scout thing, and I did our taxes online. I ate some leftover meatloaf for dinner and Tim said he'd grab something while he was out. We'll probably do something this weekend and celebrate our anniversary and Tim's 40th birthday together. He said something about going to Gojo's Japanese Steakhouse, which I love!

Here's a look back at us on our wedding day-



Wow, the 90's were almost as unkind fashion-wise as the '80s!

Ok, I'm off to help Kai with homework and then go to bed! Later, kids!

1 comment:

Lurker Girl said...

Awww--congrats on 13 years Kel. Our 19th is coming up in June--YIKES!!! I don't know how we do it either--haha!