Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Craft Bug Returns!

After a long bout of crafter's block and general ambivilence towards anything creative, I finally dipped my big toe back into the scrappy water last night, and found it wasn't too cold, wasn't too hot. In the words of Goldilocks, it was just right.

I still need to get my crafting area re-situated down in the Man-hole. Hopefully we can get to that this weekend. But last night as Kai worked on homework, I dragged out a few supplies and actually got 4 cards made. I worked with some of my current favorite color combos: robin egg blue and red, pink and brown, and light blue and brown. I'll post some pics later this evening. They're far from perfect, and far from done (I have a habit of looking at a project and thinking 'it needs more' and then kicking myself later for doing too much), but it's a start in the right direction. I'm looking forward to getting some work space going so that I can get everything laid out and actually focus and get something done for a change.

I've been in a funk craft-wise since my mom moved in with us this past September. It's not that she's living with us, it's that I gave up my craft room for her, and all of my stuff has been languishing in totes and tubs in the laundry room. I tried to make Christmas cards, but it was a huge ordeal to drag everything out, dig around for what I needed, etc. By the time I was finally ready to make something, I was disgruntled and out of the mood. I even toyed around with the idea of giving up all together and selling all of my stuff. I'm glad now that I didn't do that, because I really would miss it.

Kai started using the patch for his ADD today. I'm cautiously hopeful that it will work well for him. Our pharmacist has a son that uses it, and said that it has been very successful for them. I know that it certainly was easier this morning to stick a patch on Kai's hip, rather than go through the daily drama of getting him to take a pill. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Rhonda and I waited in line for over an HOUR yesterday for our free burrito from Chipotle. I hate to admit it,but I caved and got the burrito (hello, 6.5 ww point tortilla!) AND the guacamole. Not very healthy at all but worth every dimple of cellulite it will no doubt deposit on my backside. It was so huge though, that I couldn't even think of eating dinner. And today I'm back on the wagon so to speak and doing fine. I think you need an occaisonal indulgence to keep you on track. At least that's what I'm telling myself!

No comments: