Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Kind of Random

This is the third time I've tried to write this today, I can't seem to form a coherent thought for some reason. I gave up on trying to focus on a single topic, so we'll just do a little free-flow random thing here. Ready? Here we go...

The 'healthy lifestyle choices' program (remember, I'm NOT on a diet)is going well. By not dieting and going for healthier choices, I've lost just under 8lbs over the past 2 weeks. Yay, me! It's a nice start, but I'm comfortable with losing the weight slow and steady. I went to the doctor on Friday, and my BP and bloodwork were all normal.

Kai is not doing so well with his ADD medication. On Saturday, we discovered 4 Adderall pills that he had hidden. Kai was telling my mom that he was taking them, but he wasn't. Hubby asked him what happened and Kai said that they all 'slipped' out of his hands. Apparently one part of our home has exceptional gravitational pull and just snags stuff right out of your hands if you're not careful. He's also figured out that going to the nurse's office complaining of a headache will get you out of class for about 15 minutes at a time. He was there 4 times today for a headache, once for a papercut, and then again before he left for the day to tell the nurse that he threw up in a wastebasket. He's going to the doctor again next Monday, and we're going to discuss the patch.

I'm really, REALLY tired of the cold weather. It seems like winter is going on forever. It's hard to get hyped up for St. Pat's or Easter when it's sub-zero outside.

I'm getting tired of the presidential campaign, too. I'm a Hillary supporter, but damn. I almost feel sorry for her. I made a $5 online donation back in November, and the blanket emails I get from the Clinton campaign are getting increasingly desperate. Today, she said the reason that Obama beat her in Wisconsin was he outspent her on campaign advertising. It seems so easy to say that's the reason she lost, isn't it? 'Oh, well, he spent more on TV time, that bastard.' I have to admit it, I do like Obama. But I like Hillary more for her experience. Whomever gets the Democratic nomination will get my vote, but I'm just kind of over it already.

Tomorrow is LOST. Yay! The one show I look forward to each week. Besides Real Time With Bill Maher, that is. Now that the writer's strike is over, I'm hoping for some new TV shows soon. I can only take so much of reality programming.

It's very hard being an adult, and a parent yourself, and having your mom live with you. Very, very hard. Wow.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Good for you!! I'm proud of you! Keep up the good healthy livin'!

Lurker Girl said...

Great job on the weight loss--I'm jealous!!

Also thanks for linking me-I feel so special now!!!

Lurker Girl

Janelle said...

yayyyy! boo hiss to me...i know where your 8 pounds went....lmao

Kelley said...

Wouldn't it be awesome if we really COULD laugh our asses off? It would make it so much easier, really...