Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Stuff

Kai is now totally kicking my butt at Guitar Hero III! I, who only have time to play the game MAYBE once a month, am still struggling to learn 'Talk Dirty To Me' at Level 1. Kai, on the other hand, is now rocking out at Level 4! This must come to an end. Apparently he does not know who he's dealing with. Actually, he does. Last night when I was putting him to bed, in his little sing-song voice, he said, 'you are a loser, you're at level onnee! I'm at level foouurr!' I was crushed. Mocked and crushed by the person I gave life to. I see how it is.

Have you ever had a thought pop into your head, and once you start thinking about it, you can't stop? That happened to me the other morning. I was getting ready for work, when I suddenly wondered what (Re)Pete the Parakeet was doing. 'What does he do when we put the cover over his cage?' I wondered. It's kind of like wondering if the light stays on in the fridge after you shut the door. Finally, I tip-toed into the living room and very gently lifted the cover of (Re)Pete's cage. You know what he was doing? Just sitting there. Looking at me like I was the idiot in this situation.

On the eating healthy front, every day is a struggle. More than once I have fallen off of the 'healthy eating' bandwagon. Hell, a couple of times, I've not only fallen off the wagon, but rolled off the road and face down into the ditch. One day at a time people, one day at a time. Um, what else? I went to the dentist yesterday, which will bring me to my final gripe for now.

Why can I not just go to the dentist and get the check up and the cleaning? The hygienist spent 10 minutes trying to sell me a $90 electric toothbrush (whatever, lady) after telling me that my Crest SpinBrush works great. Then the dentist comes in and says I should get a couple of wisdom teeth pulled (Kai says if I do it, I won't be smart anymore because wisdom teeth give you wisdom) for grins and giggles, I guess, and then says 'and after that we'll discuss cosmetic options'. Yeah, if I could afford cosmetic options we would discuss them, but it ain't happening in this lifetime. He recommended Invisalign, Zoom whitening and porcelain veneers. Nominate me for Extreme Makeover and I'll do it, but gee, I feel this nagging responsibility to the rest of my family not to blow the yearly dental plan on my Miss America smile. Just scrape, polish and floss and let me get out the door!

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are a crack up! I love you!! That's for the chuckle!