Saturday, March 22, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up

Wow, this week went by fast! I've been cross-training a co-worker on my desk at work, and it kept me busy.

The first part of the week was so dreary. The cold and the rain really make me feel like I'm just dragging around. But the past couple of days were wonderful, weren't they? The sun was out, the temperatures went up, up, up, and all was right in the world.

On Thursday, Tim called me to tell me about a couple of boxes of vintage fabric he came across at an estate sale. Were they worth much? Did I want them? I told him not to go any higher than $25. He called me later to tell me he got both boxes for $20. I was excited but hesitant all day. There's a huge difference between 'vintage' and 'old'. What if these were just boxes of old, dingy, double-knit or something? So, I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and started digging through these two boxes! Gorgeous, VINTAGE fabrics of all kinds. Most pieces are drapery and upholstery fabrics, and a good majority of them are chintz, so they have a pretty sheen to them. Now, I can realize a long time craft goal of mine- to make purses! I'm going to work on some this weekend and hopefully have pictures of a completed bag to post by tomorrow night.

Yes, I know it's Easter weekend. But, we're not having anyone over for dinner this year. We're going later today to have dinner with Tim's family at Red Lobster. Tomorrow, I'm hoping for a quiet day! We're going to have an egg hunt for Kai and dinner tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: