Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bag Business

Ok, so for the past month or so, I've been having a high old time making bags. It's been fun to drag out the sewing machine and fire it up. I've had fun trying to wrap my brain around the un-necessarily compliclated Vogue pattern instructions for the blue bag I posted over the weekend. Those little loops of fabric that wrap around the bamboo rings? Yeah, first I had to cut out 16 (!!) of those little bastards from fabric, and then another 8 out of interfacing. Someone at Vogue is a sadist. Anway, I digress. The whole goal of this whole bag adventure was to get a shop going on Etsy.com. If you've never been there, by all means, go check it out.

Click here to go to Etsy

So, I now need some help from you guys. I need a name for my shop. Something fun and witty. Slightly goofy, even. And some input on what to price the bags. I don't want to charge an outrageous price, but I don't want to shortchange myself, either. Just throw any ideas you may have over my way, and we'll see what sticks! Ok? Now, bring on the witty!

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

How about KelleyKreations ?

M2KDesigns ?

Figure out your product costs (including your labor) and start your mark-up at about 30-40% --see what the market will bear. You can always lower your price.

Kelley said...

Oh, now I like M2KDesigns! I think I may just go with that! Thanks!!