Thursday, April 10, 2008

Completely Random (just like the rest of my life)

Today has been a rough day. It started off we me oversleeping because I forgot to re-set my alarm last night. Nothing gets your blood pumping like waking up and yelling 'holy crap' because you realize you slept an hour longer than you intended. I ended up only being 1/2 hour late to work, so it wasn't really so terrible, but still. When I wake up like that, it puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the day. The rain didn't help matters much, either.

Since I rode a later bus to work this morning, I had a different bunch of people to watch. To the lady that gets off at the IRS, please, for the love of all that is Holy, either a. get some jeans that fit, b. wear a longer shirt, or better yet, c. wear some underwear. While I personally may not be a fashion icon, I'm fairly certain that ladies don't wear their jeans below their gut and show off their plumber's crack the way some men do. I was still trying to wake up, for heaven's sake.

To the cute Aussie commodities trader: How you doin? [/joey] I was already to be annoyed by you because you boarded the bus without correct change, which is a big no-no. But that accent and those eyes put you on my good side.

Yesterday, I wore my new shoes that my friend Lori sent to me. They are red. They are beautiful. They are deadly! I am thinking that once you become 'a certain age', 4-inch heels may not be your friend. The shoes are gorgeous and make my ankles look slim but if all I can do in them is sit at my desk and be pretty, then I'm kind of sad. One of my co-workers suggested that I wear them around the house to break them in. The only thing I would be breaking would be a leg and possibly my tailbone as I'm pretty sure I'd slip and fall on the wood floors, or one of those skinny heels would get caught in those stupid tiles in the front hall and cause me to sprawl all over the place. It ain't pretty when a fat girl falls, people.

Kai is doing great! Grades and attitude are both improving dramatically. The patch has made a world of difference in his life. I see him being more confident of him self, too. His teacher is amazed at the difference in him. I'm very proud!

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

Hey--work those shoes girlfriend!! These wouldn't be CLB's now would they? If so--it' doesn't matter how much they hurt--work em!!

Great news on Kai--it must be such a relief

Kelley said...

No, they're not CLB's but they do have a red sole! I'll have to post pics. I'll try to work them again next week. It's hard to sit at my desk and be pretty when my feet are numb!