Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

*sigh* Another weekend over! This was a great weekend, too. The weather was finally spring-like, with lots of sunshine and blue skies.

I spent most of yesterday doing the usual domestic stuff; laundry, and some cleaning. I also finished a new bag. I love this one! I carried it today as part of some 'product testing'. Take a look-



Today, we ran some errands. Kai was due for a haircut, so we did that and then I needed a new pair of jeans, and Macy's was having a sale. Macy's is not always my favorite place to go, but then they have a sale, you can score some good deals. I got a new pair of Levi's, and then I headed off to the lingerie department to see what I could get there. I picked out two bras that were half price (yay!), and then went to wait in line. And that's when I saw the crazy lady. OK, first of all please let me preface this story by saying that I really try not to judge someone on the basis of their nationality or skin color or anything. I judge people by their actions. This Asian lady was straight up crazy. The store was having a promotion on some brands, buy two, get one free. Somehow this did not register with her. She literally stood next to the sales lady (yes, behind the counter!) and the sales lady had to ring up the sale FOUR different times before Miss Swan (name that show) finally comprehended that she would have to pay for two bras to get one bra for free. The total came to $63.00, so Miss Swan paid with 63 one dollar bills. WTF is that? The whole time she's laughing and giggling, so I think she totally knew what she was doing, and I know that by the time I had stood in line for almost 15 minutes, I was giving her some serious death glares. I could have gone to another counter, but I wanted to see how all of this played out. Once the show was over, it was my turn, and surprise! The two bras I had that I thought were a great deal on clearance, were buy one, get one free. I totally get that concept! So it was all worth it to stand there while crazy lady got her jollies trying to drive the lingerie lady to a nervous breakdown.

After all that foolishness, we headed off to an early dinner at On The Border, and then back home. Now it's time to get ready for another work week.

1 comment:

Lurker Girl said...

Oh--Lurker Likes the bag--very nice!!