Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ahhhh! Sweet Freedom!

Today, I get to enjoy a rare moment around here. I'm going to have the entire house all to myself! Tim and Kai left for an overnight camp out (who camps on a Tuesday?), and my mom is headed back to work at the community center. So that means that I will have at least 5 hours all alone! I'm going to give myself a pedicure, drink another cup of chai latte and watch a little TV. Then I'm going to work on some cleaning around here. I know that doesn't sound like the most exciting thing, but I'll be able to get something done without any distractions from Kai or my mom or Tim. I can just 'be'.

I'm going to attempt to get started on Kai's room, but I don't know if I'm ready to tackle it. It's pretty scary in there!

I didn't write about it here, but yesterday I found out that a really good friend from high school had passed. Beth had been diagnosed with Churg-Strauss Syndrome about a year and a half ago. I honestly never thought she would die. She fought so hard, and died too young. She was only 40, and she had a really hard life. But she always tried to look for a reason to laugh, despite all of the things she had to deal with. And that's how I'll always remember her- laughing at some stupid joke that only we thought was funny.



That picture was taken in around '89 or '90. Our friend Carol had a 50's theme birthday party. We thought we were something else! Rest in peace, Beth. May you find the happiness and tranquility that always eluded you in this lifetime.

No comments: