Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Birthday Party



Well, it went off without a hitch for starters! I'll admit, I was somewhat dreading the thought of two and a half hours with ten kids, all eight and under. But they were the most well-behaved, most polite bunch of kids I've seen in a while. I was impressed! Kai had a great time. The kids played laser tag and then bowled. After bowling, we went back to the party room for pizza and cupcakes. I bought cupcakes at Costco this year and what a bargain. We got 20 cupcakes for around $17.00, and they were HUGE! And they were a big hit with the kids. Kai got a lot of great presents, and tons of cash. The boy is rich!

The money was burning a hole in his pocket, so Tim dutifully took him to the evil Wal-Mart on the way home from the party so Kai could spend a bit of his money. We had a brief discussion about going ahead and buying Rock Band, but decided to hold off on that. We'd like to get Wii Fit, but it's sold out everywhere. He chose the game 'Boogie' for Wii, which is a dance/karaoke game. I played it with him, and I will confess right now, that I should NEVER, EVER, sing. It's not pretty, folks.

As if we hadn't celebrated enough after the party and the trip to Wal-Mart, Tim wanted to go out to dinner. We went to Kokopelli, a great little Mexican restaurant near out house. Since we hadn't eaten anything at the party, we were pretty hungry. We had them bring out a fried ice-cream dessert at the end of the meal for Kai. He ate a little of it, but I think by then he was tired and he really wanted to get home to play with his new stuff.




All in all, it was a wonderful birthday. Kai's already thinking about what he wants to do next year, which I know will change a million times between now and then. But for now, he's happy just being 8. These first eight years went by so fast! By the time the next eight whiz by, I'll probably hardly ever see him!

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

Glad you had such a fun party little man! Don't go growing up so fast on your poor old Mom ok?

Lurker Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.