Wednesday, June 18, 2008

More Random Stuff

Things have been really busy lately. I keep thinking I'll find the time to sit down and do this properly, but just haven't found the time.

Tim is recovering nicely from the surgery he had on a herniated disc last month. He's doing more than I might like for him to do, but if he thinks he can do it, I won't stand in his way.

This week he's been working the Cub Scout day camp, teaching the boys how to shoot BB guns. That's right, Tim's in charge of sniper training! Just kidding! Kai is having a blast each day, and comes home exhausted and happy.

I had Kai sit down with me on Sunday night to watch the 'Best of Mike Meyers' SNL special they had on TV. He wanted to know where Jason was, so I had to explain that this was Mike Meyers the comedian, not Michael Meyers the deranged killer. Once we got past that, he liked the show well enough and has been quoting Phil Hartman's 'Susan the She-male' routine from the Sprockets Dating Game. Yes, I know that it's wrong for my almost-8-year-old son to know about she-males and poopchutes, but I busted up laughing at the skit and so he did too. Now I can't get him to stop talking in a bad German accent about 'size 7 poopchutes'.

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it or not, but Kai has a listening problem. Not a hearing, a listening. He mis-understands everything. The other night, he asked if we had a dung vader in our house. Excuse me? I asked him what a dung vader was. He said, 'you know, that box in the wall that has a rope and it takes food to another floor in your house?' Oh, a DUMB-WAITER! I explained it to him and told him that Dung Vader was Darth's retarded cousin. He seemed to accept this.

We're gearing up for Kai's birthday party in a couple of weeks. I decided to do it at the bowling alley this year. For about the same money that we fork out for a cook-out/party at home, the kids can bowl, play laser tag and have pizza and soda. Best of all, I don't have to do a darned thing! The most I'll have to do is pick up some cupcakes at Costco. And my casa stays clean! Well, clean-ish.

I'm off work next week and it is a desperately needed vacation. I'd like to say that I'm going to sit around and do nothing, but there's a lot around the house that needs to be done. I do plan to have some 'lying around watching movies on Lifetime' time, but there's a few other projects I want to tackle too, and some more bags to make.

That's all for now, look for a new Awfully Bad Food post tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

BOwling Party idea rocks!! We did that for DD's party this year and it was great--feed them, they bowled, they ate cake--and no clean up for me wither!! Score!! The only thing I didn't like was that we got to all sign a REAL bowling pin and Miki got to keep it--um--WTF am I supposed to do with a bowling pin in the house?

Liz said...

I was buzzing around the web this afternoon and stumbled onto your blog, I fell in love with your header pic! Fabulous!

Any mom that lets her 7/8 year old watch SNL is ok with me! :)