Saturday, June 21, 2008

What Happened?!

Last night I came home from work, all excited that my vacation had finally started. Yay! No getting up at a ridiculously early hour every day, no dragging myself off to the bus stop for another journey into the festival of idiots that is my job.

As I walked through the front door, though, I was caught off guard by the fact that my casa is a wreck! Sure, I knew that the table by the front door was a catch all for incoming mail, my purse, Kai's backpack, etc. But I got to really looking around, and there's clutter in every room of the house! A good majority of it is Kai's, but I'm sad to say that a lot of it is mine, too. So I think a couple of days of my vacation are going to be devoted to getting this disaster back into some kind of order. And, shh!, Kai doesn't know it yet, but when he goes on his overnight camping trip this week, I'm cleaning his room! And throwing stuff away! He's got so much crud, he'll never miss a thing. Last year, I made him drag everything out of his room- all the toys anyway. The only thing left in there was the furniture. For three days, we sorted and tossed and organized. And his bedroom went from this-


(I am so sorry you had to see that!)

To this-


I had to have photographic evidence that his room was clean for at least one day. It's not quite as bad as it was in the first photo, but it's dangerously close. So it looks like I'll be donning my hardhat and digging in. Send help if you don't hear from me!

No comments: