Monday, July 14, 2008

Randomly Random

Well the weekend was another jumbled mess of nothing-ness. Not much was accomplished, other than laundry and the usual cleaning. Oh, well I did get to my pile of crap to be shredded, and Kai assisted me in the shredding. Fun, fun.

The weekend got off to a rip-roaring start when I got home Friday night to find our front storm door shattered. It looked like I had a million diamonds on my front entry! A piece of gravel about the size of the end of my pinky finger flew out from under the mower as Tim was finishing up mowing the front lawn. Hopefully, Looney Landlady can turn in a claim on her homeowner's insurance, otherwise, looks like we'll be getting a new door! Yay! Not.

Saturday was rainy and dull. Tim took off to get his laptop repaired and Kai went with so I had an afternoon all to myself. I climbed into bed and watched 'Gandhi' on TCM and finished reading 'Singing in the Comeback Chior' by Bebe Campbell. I made enchiladas for dinner, along with a few of Pioneer Woman's 'Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies'. Boy are those things addictive.

Yesterday was laundry and cleaning day, and I still haven't gotten around to tackling Kai's room. As he was ascending the mountain of crap in his doorway, I told him, 'you know, we could probably just toss most of this stuff'. He looked down at it and said, 'yeah, we could do that'. So, I had him get one of those huge yellow trash bags and get to work. I think he's put two things in it so far.

Kai won't admit it, but he's got a huge crush on Hannah Montana (the hussy). He keeps bugging me to go to Wal-Mart to get 3-D glasses for some HM movie that's going to be on TV later this month. 'Guys can watch that movie too, you know', he keeps telling me. Uh-huh. So there's something to look forward to. Do you think there's a lot of 'closet' Hannah Montana fans that just happen to be boys?

2 comments:

STACY'S TRIP said...

my daughters room looks like your sons sounds!

All Adither said...

Probably! I never thought of that though. Hee.