Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kid's TV

Can I just tell you how much I hate most of the children's programming on TV today? It seems like most of it is little more than an ad for some toy or trading card of some sort. Very few of the shows have substance, and the tween sitcoms like Hannah Montana and especially The Suite Life of Zach and Cody grate on my nerves big time.

The other day I tried to explain to Chickenhead that when I was a kid (yes, I realize how old that makes me sound) we didn't have entire TV networks of cartoons and kid shows. We had one show every morning-



How could you not love the Captain? Oh how I wish this show was on DVD! I probably wouldn't let Chickenhead watch them, though. Let's look at another one! I loved Mr. Moose and his ping-pong balls most of all!



Now seriously, why are there not shows like this on TV anymore?

No comments: