Monday, August 11, 2008

Some Days I'm a Tigger, and Some Days...



Every once in a while, I wake up feeling exactly like Eeyore. "I suppose it's a good day, if you say so". I'm not really sure why I wake up in a blue mood every now and then, and really, I think probably everyone does. It's a bit frustrating, though, when you can't pin down exactly what it is that's bothering you.

It could be the fact that I'm feeling a bit bittersweet about school starting later this week. Chickenhead will be in 3rd grade, a harsh reminder that he's really not a baby any more, and that I'm getting older. Before long, it will be 6th grade, then high school graduation, and then college graduation, and then he'll run off and get married to some hussy and I'll never see him again. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating just a bit.

And, since my friend Beth passed, I find myself thinking about death. I don't want to die! I have a lot of years of nagging the husband left in me! I have a lot of bitching left to do! Seriously, I don't see myself dying anytime soon, but it seems like more so lately, I get that little voice in the back of my head warning me to look out for muggers, deranged shooters, cancer, plaque buildup in the arteries. I'm not letting any of this silliness stop me from living or making me afraid. I think I would be even more of an Eeyore if I was afraid to ever leave my home.

In the end, I think every once in a while, you just need an Eeyore day to let the blahs fester and boil over so you can get it all out of your system. I predict I'll be back to being Tiggeriffic tomorrow!

No comments: