Monday, September 15, 2008

Gone With The Wind

So Friday I was all excited about having a 4-day weekend. I was darn near giddy as I hopped on the bus to get home. Friday afternoon, it was cloudy out, but nothing really looked out of place, weather-wise. I knew we were due for rain, but didn't think much of it.

As the bus was sitting in traffic on I-35, the dispatchers began talking about tornado warnings over the radios. Long story short, the dispatchers were ordering the drivers off the road, ASAP, and to stop at the first public building they could get to to unload passengers. Our driver decided to stop at an AT&T building that was so secure, we had to sign in for visitor badges before they would take us to a safe area. So, I spent a good part of my Friday evening in the hallway of an AT&T building with 8 others. Fun, fun. No, the really fun part was that despite the warnings, there were no tornadoes in the area where we were.

After that, the rest of my long weekend flew right by, too. I've cleaned, done laundry, spent time with Chickenhead. We ended up watching 'Holes' instead of 'Finding Nemo', but that's ok. I can watch Nemo by myself sometime!

No comments: