Friday, September 5, 2008

Semi-New Spaces

So, back in February when my Aunt Judy passed, I didn't give much thought to her having anything that I would want. She had been so generous to me when she was alive; always sharing books with me, or favorite recipes. But my cousin had me come over to her house and pick something out to remember her by. It didn't take long for me to realize that what I really wanted was this-



This is more than just a memento of my aunt, this is also a wonderful memory of my grandmother. She ran the kitchen of a local church for many years, and this sign hung up above her desk there. After she retired, it had a special place in her kitchen. Being as she's the one who taught me how to cook, I love having it hanging in my kitchen now.

Since I was in the kitchen doing a little sprucing up, I decided to go ahead with my plan to re-organize my scrapping stuff. I cleaned out the crap that was in the sideboard and sorted out all of my supplies. It worked out perfectly! My large rolling cart fits just right next to the sideboard. And I still have my other chest in the laundry room with the stuff I don't use that often. Now, I've got a place to work and easy access to my supplies and storage. Yay me! See for yourself-

No comments: