Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well, well, well....

OK, so I've been away for a bit, but it's been pretty darn crazy for the past couple of weeks. We finally got the fridge fixed and now everything that should be cool or frozen, is.

Work has been especially crazy lately. Everything going on on Wall Street has a direct impact on my job, and I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger. Actually at this point, I would almost rather be a paper hanger, one armed or otherwise. There's lots of upheaval at work, and I'm thinking that my boss (who is a really great person and one of the main reasons I've stayed in that job for almost seven years now)may be taking another job. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her if she does get it, but that just leaves our department wondering who we'll be working under, and the prospects there don't look too good.

On the homefront, my mom told me the other night that she's #8 on the waiting list at a nearby seniors apartment. I told her that there's no need for her to rush out of here, and I truly mean that. She's a great help to us, and Chickenhead will be heartbroken when she moves out. But I understand her when she says that she feels like she needs her own place. And to be honest, if I were her, I would probably feel the same way. Still, it will be another huge adjustment for our family.

While a part of me is quietly excited at the prospect of getting my craft room back, I'm much more concerned about Chickenhead, and how he'll adjust. I'm kind of hoping that she won't be moving until the school year is over, so that he'll have the summer to get used to it and not have any additional stress.

Speaking of Chickenhead, he's doing great! School is going much better this year than last. He's finally feeling better since we discovered that he's lactose intolerant and we cut out dairy. I worry about him making friends at school, because I know what it's like to be an only child, and sometimes it's hard. I'd like for him to be more outgoing, but at the same time, I don't want to push him to be something he's not.

So, that's about it. I'm looking for Halloween ideas, as I'm head room mother this year. Don't make fun of me, I don't have the holiday turtlenecks and the matchy-matchy holiday jewelery! I'll be the one in the Obama t-shirt, quietly being myself. I have to admit, when I talk with the other moms at Chickenhead's school, I feel horribly out of place. I guess you can take the girl out of the 'Dotte, but you can't take the 'Dotte out of the girl!

1 comment:

D said...

Hey girlie....just stopping by to say hi.


Hi.


As for room mom ideas.....let me tell you what NOT to do....you know this is going to be good.


DON'T let the kids make paper headstones and use them for a game like musical chairs!

The kids thought it was GREAT.......a couple of parents thought it was quite sacrilegious.

Oh it was some fun times.......I'll recount the entire story and post it on my blog for all to have a great laugh at.

come see me girlie.....

http://balliett.blogspot.com/