Thursday, September 18, 2008

When It Rains, It Floods

To say that my 4-day weekend didn't go as planned is an understatement. I try to roll with the punches, after all, like John Lennon said, 'Life is what happens when you're busy making plans'. With that in mind, I tried to be breezy about the fact that the refrigerator crapped out Tuesday morning. When I opened the freezer door to find melted popsicles running all over the place, that was my first clue.

I immediately called the repair man, who told me that they were really busy, but he would have someone at the house between 2 and 5. Great. So, I cancelled my plans with my friend Carol, because I had to get all the perishibles on ice and the frozen stuff into the freezer out in the garage. Trying to look on the bright side, I decided it was a great opportunity to clean the fridge and freezer really good, and toss away some of the older stuff hiding way in the back.

In Repair-world, 'Between 2 and 5' means that they will come around 5:30, and that's only after you call to find out where in the hell they are. But the guy that showed up was nice enough and quickly diagnosed the problem. The only downer was he had to order the parts needed but he assured me that they would be here by today at the latest.

Well guess what? No frigging parts!!! In fact, the parts may not come until Saturday or Monday. Are you kidding me? No, they are not kidding me. Although, they did try to re-assure me that sometimes the parts distributor will say that the parts take a week to 'cover themselves'. So, it looks like we get to have the cooler on wheels in the kitchen for another day or so. Joy. My mom is already going around making clucking noises and going on about how she hopes her cheese and eggs are ok. Whatever, sister. Your cheese and eggs are the least of your worries.

To make my week even more adventurous, last night on the way home, the bus driver hit a car. She didn't really hit the car, so much as tap it's bumper. There were no injuries, thank goodness. But, since the accident happened in one county, and the bus driver crossed over into the next county before she called in the accident, we had to give all of our info to the bus company, two police departments and the state trooper. This entire incident added another hour to my journey home.

Tonight, the only thing I'm planning on doing is nuking something in the microwave for dinner and lying down. I'm spent!

No comments: