Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

Not much is going on so far this week. It was lovely having yesterday off, and I think I've got sloven laziness down to an art form. I spent a good part of the day dozing off and on to the Discovery channel. It's a sad, sad thing when snippets of Monsterquest seep into your dreams.

I finally dragged my butt out of bed around 2 or so (I was dressed, and in my defense, I did do a load of laundry, so I wasn't completely useless) and waited for Chickenhead to get home from school. His school was doing a PTA fundraiser at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and you don't have to twist my arm to get out of cooking, so we went! I threw myself in the shower and got ready, and we went out to eat. It was a very relaxing evening, all in all.

This morning I woke up and I could swear that the freezer is acting up again. The appliance repair company fixed our fridge last week, replacing the defective part that was covered by our warranty. So now, I'm all paranoid!

Last week, I wrote that Loony Landlady had called to say that she was having a heatilator installed into our fireplace. Not knowing what a heatilator was, I used the Google to find out what was up. Whooo-boy was I excited! But, we didn't get an actual heatilator. No, what we have is a glorified space heater that looks like burning logs. It has light bulbs underneath it to make the 'flames' and the burning ember effects. It has two heat settings, and Loony Landlady's Boy Toy assured me that it gets plenty warm. "Oh, by the way", he says on the way out the door, "these things use a lot of electricity." I asked how much exactly, and he says, "well, if you leave it on all the time, it will add probably around $60 to $75 to your electric bill each month". Great. We plan on only using it when we're in the family room, and that's it. I'll probably just go all the way white trash and just use it as a space heater. If I keep it in the fireplace, there will be a lot of cold air coming in around it from the chimney. And how can you top the class of having an electrical cord snaking out of your fireplace? I told my friend Carol that I was going to plug it in to one of those Clapper things. *Clap, clap* instant ambiance! That's how I roll, with my fake fire right in front of me on the sofa! You bishes can't hang!

2 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

I LOVE being of the lazy. I think I need another "mental health" day to do that real soon!!!

Loved your pumpkin patch pics too!

D said...

I am asking all my blogging friends to stop by http://balliett.blogspot.com/ and take a look at some information about some local missing kids - Please take a look, see if you can help and pass the word. This is a legitimate case.

Thanks