Sunday, October 5, 2008

Crap, crap, crap!!

In Memorium-






Just when I thought things were progressing nicely around here, the fridge decided to crap out again. I called the repair company, and they are going to order new parts and install as soon as they get them in. I talked with the kid that fixed it what, three weeks ago?, and he said that it sounded like the parts failed, given that it's doing exactly what it was doing before. Which is not doing what it's supposed to do, which is keep my food cold. Luckily, the parts are under warranty, so I shouldn't be out any more money. I better not be out any more money. I don't have any more money! Maybe I should just get a new fridge? I don't know. I wanted to wait until we move, and get a new one then. Ugh, I should just go take a nap!

In other news, the husband has been gone this weekend on a camping trip, and comes back later today. Friday night, Chickenhead and I went out to dinner with my mom (who should NOT be driving, but that's another story for another time)at Hot Wok, a local Chinese buffet type place. Why is it that EVERYTHING on the buffet is fried? Do we really need deep fried crab meat? I didn't eat much, and managed to keep Chickenhead away from too much of the fried foods. Last night, we lived it up again by going to my favorite cheap Mexican food place, Don Chilitos. How I love Don's! I hadn't been there in a while, and it was still pretty tasty. Also, this was homecoming weekend, so there were lots of girls there in their formals who after filling up on sopapillas and Coke, tottered out on their high heels to walk the two blocks to the high school for their dance. Y'all got some cheapskate dates, that's for sure! They could have at least driven you to the dance!

When did homecoming get so expensive anyway? I saw limos, long formals, tuxedos, etc., most of what I usually associate with prom. Things must have changed in the 5 years since I've left high school!

No comments: