Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank You, Columbus!

Let the festivities begin! Thanks to Christopher Columbus losing course and finding the New World about 500 years ago, I have a three day weekend.

Here's what I'll be doing this weekend-

Tomorrow, we're having a heatilator put in our fireplace in the family room. Loony Landlady says that it has a remote, and we can use it for warmth, or to make it look like we have logs burning in the fireplace. Sounds good to me! I'm all for anything that will make the family room warm this winter. That room is like a big walk-in freezer around January.

Chickenhead will be selling popcorn with his Cub Scout pack at CVS tomorrow. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that he gets a lot of sales. I know it's all for worthy causes, but I will be so glad when all this fund-raising business is over.

Sunday, we are going to the pumpkin patch with my mother in law, and the husband's brother and his wife and their two boys. I've decided that I'm going to take the MIL aside and tell her that this year for Christmas, I would prefer that she just get Chickenhead one gift, and not the entire contents of Dollar Tree. I'm all for getting a bargain, there's nothing wrong with that. But don't buy $30 worth of crap that will get torn up within two days. Spend $30 on one or two really good things that he really wants. He'll be happier and it will be much easier on you, crazy lady.

At some point this weekend, I've got to mow the back yard and get the patio tided up for the winter. Cover the grill and stack up the patio chairs and all that good stuff. Before too long, I'll be running out to either rake the leaves or run them over with the mower every fifteen minutes, as we have five oak trees around our house. No matter how much I rake or mow, though, the leaves never seem to really go away. Oh well, it will give me something to do in February!

No comments: