Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, today is the day! My perfect non-Jerry Springer holiday! The turkey is in the oven (the regular oven, Birdzilla was too big for the roaster oven), the Arbor Mist is chilling in the fridge (I'm classy like that), and the only family member coming to our house is my mother-in-law.

I got the pies baked last night, as well as put together my sweet potato casserole, and the dreaded green-bean casserole. All I have left to do today is the mashed potatoes, the gravy, the fried sweet potatoes and the stuffing.

Chickenhead does not want to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with me, and quite frankly, I'm crushed. Who doesn't like the parade? He's weird, like his dad! We have some Wii time planned for later today to play Guitar Hero or maybe Raving Rabbits. Tonight, we'll watch the Plaza Lights on TV.

I'm thankful for the wonderful family I have, and for all my great friends. I hope your day is filled with great food and fun memories! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: