Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Almost Here!



Yes, I've got my turkey and all the fixins'. We've got potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, corn, everything for stuffing, the necessary gravy ingredients, and the pies.

This year's dinner will be a simple affair. As I've said before, we're not having the usual Jerry Springer holiday, because most of the instigators are going out of town. My mother-in-law will be joining us, but about the most damage she'll do is bad mouth the people that aren't there by repeating horrid family tales she's told a million times. She may accidentally drop a stray press-on nail in the ice cube tray, but I've got a dishwasher that does a decent job with sterilization.

Mom is driving very carefully, and was happy to find out that her insurance will repair the garage door at no cost to her, as it will come out of liability. Mom has decided to park on the street in front of our house now, rather than attempt to turn in to the driveway. She has a hard time turning right, she says, and thinks that this contributed to her running into the garage door the other day.

Chickenhead is in a new and much improved Cub Scout pack, and loves it. We went to a Pack meeting last night, and the boys all got on well, and the other parents were very welcoming. The big Pinewood Derby is in a couple of weeks, and there's Christmas caroling and lots of other activities going on. Lots of good things to keep a boy and his father busy!

I'm psyching myself up to put up the Christmas decor this weekend, and get the house ready. I've got a cookie swap with my girlfriends coming up fast, and I want everything to be festive!

No comments: