Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Secret Shame

I hadn't planned on outing myself about this at all. It's all Lurkergirl's fault! She posted a blog yesterday about the book and movie, 'Twilight'. I thought I was the only woman of a mature nature that was obsessed with these eternal teen vampires. Apparently, there's an entire hidden army of us Twilight-cougars who are thinking all kinds of wicked thoughts about Edward Cullen.

I've loved vampire stories for as long as I can recall. I loved watching any kind of vampire movie, 'Brahm Stoker's Dracula' with Gary Oldman, is my all time favorite. I've read all of Ann Rice's books, too. There's also Laurel Hamilton's Vampire Hunter series of books, which are much more risque, to put it mildly. The movie, 'Interview With a Vampire' was just OK. The books usually are much better than the movie versions. Other than the Lestat series, I've never read a book more than once, and I've now read Twilight a couple of times, and New Moon twice, also. I'm going to pick up Eclipse tomorrow at Borders as an early Christmas gift to myself, and what the hey, I may splurge at get Breaking Dawn, too.

'Twilight' the movie is good, but of course, not as good as the book. And to be honest, the way Edward was described in the book, I didn't think whomever they cast in the role could live up to those lofty descriptions. But I think they did quite well-



Yes, indeed!

I did think that in the movie, Robert Pattinson's eyebrows were a bit overdone, but no matter, he's quite the handsome thing, isn't he?

Now we have to wait an entire year for the 'New Moon' movie. I'm anxious to see how it translates to the big screen, since Edward is not in the book for much of the story. I'm also interested to see what the werewolves look like, and am hoping that they have a bigger budget for special effects.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go grab the copy of Twilight that's in our communal library here at work. I have a feeling that with all the snow here today, I'm going to have a long bus ride home, and plenty of time to read!

4 comments:

Lurker Girl said...

IF you can get to a Target or a Meijer, the books are A LOT cheaper than at Borders (unless you are a member maybe?)

I loved Eclipse the most so far.

Kelley said...

I'll have to check Target. Borders had it online for $11.99, and I can reserve a copy at the store by me. BD was $13.99, I think. I'm going to check out Target's site! Thanks!

Mrs. G. said...

Oh no, you are not alone. Most of the moms of the teenage girls I teach are hooked on these books as well. Enjoy with abandon!

andrew said...

check out the someecard that echoes your thoughts exactly.

http://www.someecards.com/index.php?s=pattinson&module=search