Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Re-Solutions

I usually don't make new year resolutions because they never last more than a day or maybe three days, if I'm especially good. The other day I got to thinking about this, and thought, 'what if I think of them as re-solutions'? This makes me think that if I did something right in the past year, I should keep on doing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say. So in the interest of maintaining my self-delusion, here are my Re-Solutions for 2009-

1. I will continue to give the Husband the gift of Cheese Puffs for his birthday, Father's Day, Christmas, and any other holiday that pops up. If I had known he was this easy to please, I would have started doing this years ago.

2. I will continue to champion the drama free holiday concept, and expand on it to include Chickenhead's birthday. I do not have the patience to put up with other people's lack of ability to get along with their family members. Check your attitude and issues at the door, or march it back on down the driveway and go home.

3. I'm going to make sure I have more time with Chickenhead. I want more time playing Raving Rabbids TV Party with him, and more time cooking and baking together in the kitchen. He'll be 9 this year, so I figure I've only got a couple more years left before it becomes painfully obvious that he thinks I am the un-coolest person he knows. At least now I can still shoot toilet plungers at zombie-chickens with him and teach him the words to Ramones songs, and he thinks I'm awesome. Let me have at least one more year of that!

4. I'm also going to commit to more time to persue my interests. More creativity is what my brain is craving, and I have a driving need to break out the paper, the scissors, the glue and all my other scrappy stuff and go to town. Sometimes I look at my scrapbook stuff and feel like I'm in a foreign land, and I hate that. I started working on it more towards the end of this year, and it's great therapy. Almost as good as shooting zombie-chickens.

So, I think that's it. No more setting goals for myself that I'm doomed to fail, I'll just keep on doing the ones I know I can't screw up. What about you? What are you re-solutions?

Have a wonderful New Year!

No comments: