Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Whatever...

OK, so. I was all excited because I had two days off from work. Yay! I would get all the holiday shopping done, the presents wrapped, bake a few more cookies and make sure I made it to the liquor store to stock up on Christmas cheer.

As I have learned with most plans, nothing ever goes according to schedule. I haven't gone out shopping because it's too danged cold! I still need to wrap presents, hell, I still need to BUY presents. I did bake some cookies with Chickenhead on Saturday night, but it wasn't as fun as it might have been, thanks to the stupid cookie press. Why did I buy myself that thing? Anybody have any tips? Anyone? Besides tossing it in the garbage?

Sunday night, I sat down at the computer and started getting some crazy pop-ups, which I usually never get. Well guess what? I got a lovely malware infection! I spent most of yesterday trying to get rid of it, and while I finally got rid of the malware, I can now only operate my PC in 'safe mode'. The Husband has a friend who works on computers, but he's getting ready to take a week off for the holidays. So posting around here will be few and far between.

Really though, none of this matters too much to me. Christmas is a couple of days away, and I'm excited. Sure, it will be nuts going out later today to buy a few more things for Chickenhead, and sure, I've got a ton of presents to wrap and some homemade mac and cheese to whip up, but it's all good. It will all work out.

So, if I don't check in again in the next day or so, have the loveliest of holidays! May your Christmas and/or Hanukkah be filled with love, laughter, and the people who mean the most to you. And when they all finally leave, may you have enough wine left to have a glass and enjoy the silent night!

1 comment:

Lurker Girl said...

Have a Merry Christmas Kelley--I got your card yesterday--so nice!!! I was just not "feeling it" this year and made only a few to send out.

But I thank you for yours--and now that I have your address again, I'll get you on the list for next year's round of fabulous creations!!