Sunday, January 4, 2009

Men I Like- A Special WTF Edition

Joaquin Phoenix first caught my eye as Commodus in 'Gladiator'. He proved to be just as talented as his late brother, River, and was easy on the eye to boot. Look-



Now I'm not certain, but I think Joaquin slipped a cog after he did 'I Walk The Line'. I think he got a little too in to playing Johnny Cash, and he didn't quite make it back towards the light, if you know what I mean.

Still, nothing could quite prepare me for the shock of seeing what Joaquin is looking like these days. Imagine my surprise when I was reading D-Listed the other day and saw this-



What in cocaine blues hell happened to this man?! Even P-Diddy/Diddy/Puffy/Puff-Daddy/whatever is looking at him like a scared little boy-


To top it all off, Joaquin went and got his hair did up all fancy for this event-

I think Joaquin was up watching late-night TV (I'm thinking that's the only kind of TV he watches), and saw the informercial for this.

Poor Joaquin. He's looking a bit unkempt, and he's got some issues that EZ-Comb can't fix. Let's hope that 2009 finds him cleaning up, both inside and outside.

6 comments:

Carol said...

That is some funny shit!

Kelley said...

Doesn't he look like the spawn of Charles Manson and a zombie Jim Morrison?!

Lurker Girl said...

I too always admired our little "Gladiator", but yes, he has gone to the dark side with no hope of returning.

He is S-C-A-R-Y now--I hope he is not set to meet the same fate as his beautiful brother.....

Rechelle said...

Oh My Holy Freakin Freak Balls - that is one sad photo.

Mrs. G. said...

He is my daughter's Secret Boyfriend #1, so obviously these photos are very disturbing. We hope he gets his groove back very soon. He looks so puffy and unhappy.

Fantastic Forrest said...

Yikes. The first pic of him made me feel warm all over. But those others made me icy cold. Brrr! WTF indeed.