Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wii (Un)Fit

Even though I had resolved not to make any resolutions about weight loss, I have come to the conclusion that I must do something. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll never again have the body that I had when I was 17 or so, and I'm OK with that. But I'll be honest here, my thighs are scaring the hell out of me, and they probably make small children cry.

So. I decided to start by keeping a food log. I've done food diaries a million times; every time I've done Weight Watchers as a matter of fact. But, a food diary is really a very useful tool when you're honest with yourself and faithfully and accurately record what you're stuffing in to your gaping maw. And after just a couple of days of tracking my grazing habits, the ugly truth is staring me in the face, and boy oh boy, it ain't pretty (which is why it's called the 'ugly' truth). I am totally, completely addicted to carbs. And not just the healthy carbs, no, I like the processed crap, too.

I'll be totally honest here. I like to eat. I enjoy food. I love cooking, baking, and all things food related. I don't necessarily like to overeat; I hate feeling stuffed or bloated, and I didn't think I did, but my food diary says otherwise. I don't like to exercise. There, I said it. When I get home from work, the last thing I want to do is move my ass. I have to make dinner, see that the Husband is still functioning and maybe help Chickenhead with his homework. Exercise is boring, and when I get bored with something, I simply don't do it. I excel at avoidance!

When Chickenhead first started playing WiiFit, he had an extra 10 or so lbs on him. He's a stocky kid, and while he doesn't look 'fat', he's solid. He began doing WiiFit, and in a span of about 2 months, he's dropped some of that weight. Chickenhead is looking good and feeling fine!

I wanna look good and feel fine, too! So I'm going to start doing WiiFit, also. It will give us something to do together, and hopefully, I won't get bored with it. I know that there will be days where I will fail miserably at this, and with a little luck, I'll be able to get back on the wagon. I'm not looking to win a beauty contest, just maybe live long enough to make everyone else as crazy as they've made me. If you have any exercise tips, I would love to hear them. And how do I kick my carb addiction? Anyone?

1 comment:

Lurker Girl said...

OK--I got the Wii Fit for my birthday back in August and I've been on it a total of 4 times--just sayin.....

It always sounds good in theory...