Thursday, February 19, 2009

Men I Like- The Grunge Edition

Back in the early 90's, it was my dream to move to Seattle, wear flannel and a pair of Doc Martins and drink a lot of coffee while hanging out with 'Twin Peaks' types. I was certain that if I could fulfill this dream, I would also be hanging out with this guy-



No, not the Tommy Chong looking one in the lower left, the guy in the middle, Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for long-haired rockers, and he just about did it for me. He and Kurt Cobain were running neck and neck in the race to win my soft, mushy heart. But they didn't know it, and anyway, Kurt ran off with crazy's favorite customer, Courtney Love. And I decided that Seattle wasn't for me, with it's endless rain, and back then, I didn't care for coffee that much. And 'Twin Peaks' got canceled.

But still, I've followed Chris' solo career, and he takes a different turn with each new release. He may not be everyone's cup of tea (or coffee), but he's still mine.

No comments: