Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Men I Like- Special WTF Edition #2

Maybe I'm just drawn to bad boys. Bad boys are bad for a reason. They are not good for you in any kind of way, and if you see a bad boy, you should run as fast as possible in the other direction.

Sometimes, they don't always seem that bad when you first see them. Take Mickey Rourke, for example. Twenty-seven years ago, he was in a little film called 'Diner'. And he looked like this-



See him? He's second from the left, next to an adolescent Kevin Bacon. Doesn't Mickey look sweet? A nice, cute Irish boy with just a hint of mischief. He went on to star opposite Kim Basinger in the steamy '9 1/2 Weeks' and then with Lisa Bonet in the truly bizarre 'Angel Heart'.

Then Mickey's problems began. There were rumors that he was difficult to work with, and a primadonna. I tried to like him in 'Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man', but I was over him. I couldn't handle the bad boy anymore.

Mickey kind of went away for a while and I didn't think much about him until I saw him on some website with his face all gone crazy from too much plastic surgery. I was still all WTF over that, but saw his spectacular performance in 'The Wrestler' and I thought I could get past the botox gone bad. I was ready to let this bad boy in to my heart again.

And then today, I read about this-



Courtney Love?! Are you frickin' kidding me?! Michael K at DListed is right, these two are a back alley plastic surgeon's wet dream. I don't know, Mick. I can put up with a lot, but this might be too much for even me.

No comments: