Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Think I'll Make Myself A Get Well Card

First, I'm going to whine about my neck- Oh! GOD THE PAIN!!! OWWWWWWWW! OK, that's enough of that. I don't know what I've done to my neck, but the left side is giving me terrible fits today. I've got a lidocane patch on, so we'll see if that helps. If not, I may have to make a trip to the chiro.

For some reason last week, I wasn't in my right mind, and volunteered to make some cards for the upcoming silent auction at the school. I tried to work on them last weekend when all my girlie friends came over to scrap, but I had ADD that day, and couldn't decide what to do. It was more fun to sit and laugh and eat with those silly girls! So, this past Wednesday, I re-organized all my supplies and decided to sit down and figure out what the hell I was going to do.

Here's the first card I came up with. I saw the design in a card making magazine. It was fun doing it, but I don't think I'll make any more. I'm not a doodler, I've learned.


The rest of what I did today was all made with Anna Griffin papers and Tim Holtz stamps. I love the look of the distressed designs with the delicate floral paper. This is more 'me'.










So, I guess if I'm not in traction tomorrow, I'll make some more. Now, if I can just stop moving around like that girl with the neck brace in 'Sixteen Candles'. Remember her? The one at the water fountain? Yeah, that's me!

3 comments:

Carol said...

You organized the secret scrap closet....oooo! I like the one with a butterfly...it is very beautiful...but they all are...just like you! =)

Carol said...

P.S. Get better soon!

Kelley said...

Thanks, I feel a bit better this morning. I'm going to re-do that first one, because it's only in the photo that I see how wonky it is. Why couldn't I see that in real life?!