Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day (a few days later)

This past Tuesday was St. Patrick's Day, and I somehow failed to acknowledge it here on my blog. Are any of us really surprised? No, we're not.

The weather was beautiful here for the parade. It was sunny and warm, and a hint of spring was in the air. We got down to the parade route early and managed to find a parking space that wasn't six miles away. In fact, we were only about two blocks from the parade route. We were right at the start of the parade, too.

Parades are some fine people watching, that's for sure. I saw crimes against fashion that I hope to never see again. What the hell is up with wearing short shorts over white leggings? Seriously? Women do this to themselves? Any O'Who, here are some of my favorite pictures from the parade-

Chickenhead was in the spirit of things-


So was the Husband-

(please ignore the rude hand gesture. He was mad because I said he looked like an Irish Mr. T)

A couple of the floats-




And of course, what is St. Patrick's Day without a few cross-dressers?

The one in the white boots did a good job of putting his shaleleigh away if you know what I mean, because that dress was rather tight.

So, there you have it. The parade was a huge hit with Chickenhead, and he is already planning on going back next year.

No comments: