Thursday, April 16, 2009

Questions? Answers!

Today, Mrs. G over at the Women's Colony invited readers to post their answers to questions that she herself answered. Confused? Yeah, me too. Sorry! So without further ado, here are my answers to questions her readers asked her-

Who would play you in the movie version of Casa DeChaos?- The only woman who would do me justice would be Megan Mullally, Karen from Will & Grace. She's awesome! (but I'm not liking that new show of hers, In The Motherhood, so much. Sorry Megan!)

When is your birthdate?- It's October 22. Some years I'm a Libra, and once in a great while I'm a Scorpio. Which probably explains my split personality.

Where have you lived?- I was born in KCK, a/k/a Kansas City,Kansas, a/k/a, the 'Dotte. My mom and I also lived briefly in Phoenix, Arizona when I was about 8 or so. Other than that, I've lived in the general KC area all my life. For the most part, I love the Midwest. The weather is getting a little too psychotic for my liking, though.

What was the scariest moment of your life?- Hmm...several years ago, the Husband was in the hospital for what was at the time, an unknown illness. At some point during the night, he went in to cardiac arrest. I was at home with Chickenhead (he was just a little chick then) and woke up to the hospital calling me to tell me that we probably ought to rush over. The Husband was in an ER room, they were trying to get him stabilized and trying to intubate him. They took me and his mom and dad into The Room. You know, the room they take you into to tell you that your loved one might not make it. But the husband did make it, and is doing just fine for the most part. But at that point, it was terrifying. I was afraid he would die, I was afraid my sweet baby wouldn't know his father. I'm glad that all worked out.

Underwear? Yes, please. I don't do sexxay undies, let's just stick to the basics, please. I don't like them too tight or too baggy.

What or who makes you laugh until you cry? Usually if I laugh until I cry, it's because I'm getting loopy from not enough sleep. But George Carlin (RIP) never fails to make me laugh. Also any and all Judd Apatow movies. The waxing scene in The 40-Year Old Virgin comes to mind.

Who would be the the Man I Don't Like? I have to agree with Mrs. G. on this one- Bill O'Reilly. What a pompus gasbag. Also, Sean Manatee(Hannity), Rush Limbaugh, Sen. Sam Brownback of KS and Rev. Fred Phelps would all qualify as Men I Don't Like (and never will).

What food do you obsess over? I love dessert. And a good chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and good country gravy. And biscuits.

Do you have any tattoos? Not yet. I want to get one, but I want to be sure I get something that will not only mean something to me now, but will still have relevance to me when I'm 80.

If you could get a quote tattooed, which one would it be?- "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi

What connects us? Despite all the crazy bullshit currently going on in our world, I still believe that each of us yearns to love and be loved. It's our faith in ourselves and our fellow man that keeps us going. If not, we would have killed each other off long ago.

Were you funny in elementary school?- I don't think so. I was really pretty shy. I was overweight, average looking, and deeply insecure. Funny, or trying to be funny didn't come in to the picture until maybe junior high. Which is it's own special kind of hell.

What music do you like to rock out to? - For the most part, anything considered 'alternative'. But old Motown gets my dancin' shoes movin', too. And you can't dance to it really, but I love classical, especially anything by Chopin.

What's the one motto you try to live by?- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."- Eleanor Roosevelt It took me a long time to learn how true this is, and when I finally realized it's full truth, it was a very powerful feeling.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am in complete agreement with you on the Motherhood show. It's not clever. It's not funny. It's insulting to mothers, all of whom apparently fall into three distinct stereotypes.

It SUUUUCKS!