Saturday, April 4, 2009

Relaxing Weekend? Really?

Is it a full moon or what? Because everyone in my household has managed in one way or another to get on nerve #99.

Chickenhead has behaved like a typical 8-year old boy today, turning it up to 11 with every chance he got. I love him dearly, but wow, today he tried my patience. He dressed as Darth Vader and sneaked up on me in bed and whacked me in the head with his light saber. I took him down with a 'twiddlebug' attack (I tickle his armpits and he squeals at a pitch that can only be heard by dogs).

Later, I was taking a break from making cards when my mom asked me to come with her, as she had to tell me something. Seems she was trying to cut that plastic ring thingy on the six-pack of coke bottles when the knife slipped and cut right in to one of the coke bottles, sending coke spewing everywhere. I mean everywhere. It was all over the kitchen counter, the cabinets, the stove, the soffit above the cabinets, and the ceiling. Oh, and the floor,too. I never knew one of those 16oz. coke bottles could do so much damage. I'm just glad mom wasn't hurt. I asked her why she didn't try to cut the holder with the kitchen shears, but she said she couldn't find them. I opened up the drawer, and there they were. She was upset, but I told her it was no big deal, as long as she wasn't hurt. I told her next time, if she needed help, to just let me know. I made sure I didn't let her know I was frustrated, but I can't imagine how she felt. I know it's hard for her, not knowing what's going on, but it's frustrating for us too, because she won't let us take her to doctor's appointments, and she's not keeping them, either.

Come to think of it, the Husband was the only one who didn't make me want to run screaming through the neighborhood today, but that's because he was content down in the ManHole, watching college basketball, which I think will go on until mid-August.

Tomorrow, I've got to go to the store, take Chickenhead to get his hair cut, and get him a white polo and black pants for the spring concert this Tuesday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

No comments: