Friday, July 24, 2009

I Can't Seem To Stop!

Ok, I think this is some sort of record for me, three blog posts in one day? Wow. But this important stuff, man. I mentioned in my earlier post that Chickenhead and I were making Indian food this weekend, and Lola asked if I could share my recipes. Well sure! For me one of the best things about cooking is sharing it with someone else. Unless it's burnt or something. Then you can just throw it out in the back yard for the neighborhood cats, opossums, foxes and racoons. Yep, it's a regular Wild Kingdom around my house! Anyway, here we go-

I'm making Chicken Tikka Masala, using this recipe-
Pastor Ryan's Chicken Tikka Masala

If you don't have an Indian market nearby, you can make your own garam masala seasoning. Here's the recipe for that-

Garam Masala Seasoning
1 tablespoon coriander; ground
1 tablespoon cumin; ground
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper; ground
1 tablespoon fennel seeds; ground
1 tablespoon ginger; ground
1 tablespoon cardamom; ground
1 tablespoon nutmeg; ground
1 TEASPOON cloves; ground

You need some naan to go with that meal! I was really surprised at how easy naan is to make. Go ahead, don't be afraid!

Naan

There are also a lot of yummy looking recipes for Indian food at What's 4 Eats.

I seriously love trying different foods from different cultures. I may start doing a monthly thing where I try a new dish and share the results here!

2 comments:

Lola said...

Thank you! I can't wait to try these. And I'm going to show the Naan recipe to my son, I'm sure he'll make some for us. He loves naan.

Lola said...

Congratulations! I've given you an award. Please stop by to check it out.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com/2009/07/another-awardand-post-400.html