Friday, July 24, 2009

A Title Would Be Nice

I’m feeling especially wordy today, I suppose. After a couple of weeks of not feeling like I had much to say, now I’m bubbling over with random thoughts.

Chickenhead is going to sign up for football tomorrow. Tackle football. He says he wants to be a runningback. I’m fine with him wanting to play, but nine years of being his mom makes me question his commitment. Chickenhead doesn’t like to sweat. At all. It seriously bugs him. In the summer, he’ll spend five or ten minutes running around outside and then declare that “it’s too hot!” and make a beeline for the nearest air-conditioned indoor shelter. I’m going to be cautiously optimistic on this whole adventure. There might be photos of him in his green and yellow uniform, maybe not. I’m not running out to get scrapbook supplies just yet!

My friend Carol posted this on her blog yesterday. Use one word, and one word only to answer the questions. Here are my answers, play along if you like!

USE ONLY ONE WORD!
It’s not as easy as you might think. Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s really hard to use only one-word answers.
1. Where is your cell phone? here
2. Your hair? forlorn
3. Your mother? crochety
4. Your father? heaven
5. Your favorite food? flavorful
6. Your dream last night? None
7. Your favorite drink? Coke
8. Your dream/goal? Happiness
9. What room are you in? Cubicle
10. Your hobby? Papercrafting
11. Your fear? Critters
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Content
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something that you aren’t? slim
15. Muffins? blueberry
16. Wish list item? shoes
17. Where did you grow up? Kansas
18. Last thing you did? typed
19. What are you wearing? jeans
20. Your TV? several
21. Your pets? Parakeet
22. Friends? many
23. Your life? Awesome
24. Your mood? resigned
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? Hoopty
27. Something you’re not wearing? earrings
28. Your favorite store? craft
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. When was the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? days
32. Your best friend? Rhonda
33. One place that I go to over and over? Michael's
34. One person who emails me regularly? Carol
35. Favorite place to eat? Out!

I had a minor freak out this morning when I realized that we were about three weeks from the start of school. Holy crap! That means a trip to the Walmarts to buy school supplies, which means that I will most likely have a nervous breakdown sometime here in the very near future. Have you ever been in the school supply section of WalMart during the BTS frenzy? I am a seasoned, pro shopper, and let me tell you, it is not for the faint of heart. Plus, there's shoes to buy, the picking out of the new lunchbox, the trying on of jeans, etc. Oh boy.

Chickenhead and I are going to make more Indian food this weekend. I may not get to the Indian market, but I think I've got all the ingredients to make my own garam masala seasoning, so I'm ready to rock. I think tomorrow night is going to be enchiladas, though.

Carol also gave me a couple of blog awards (yay me!) and I’ll be passing those along this weekend. Stay tuned. As Ed McMahon used to say, you may already be a winner!

2 comments:

Lola said...

Oohh! I love Indian food. What are you making? Can you share the recipes?

Kelley said...

It's the same dish I made a couple of weeks ago, chicken tikka masala and home made naan. I'd be happy to re-post the recipes, they are really very easy!