Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Plot Thickens...UPDATE

So last night after I wrote my blog, I had a good laugh at Uncle Buck (rhymes with, well you know what Buck rhymes with!)being possibly stuck with two car payments.

But then I got to thinking. How could he trade the car in, when the credit union wouldn't release the title because there was a balance on the loan? I decided to check out Carfax.

Turns out, I'm too cheap for Carfax! They will give me info, but I have to pay $40 to see it, and what if it turns out to be info I don't need? A call to the state offices was in order. I called the Dept of Revenue and explained the situation. I may or may not have pretended to be my momma, but that's not essential to the story right now. What is essential is the fact that the Dept. of Revenue has in their records that the title was released in May! Two whole months ago! If the title was released, why is there still a balance on the loan? Back to the credit union.

I called the credit union and gave them the info that Topeka gave me. Now, they have no idea what's going on. I have to call back tomorrow. The credit union still shows an outstanding balance on the loan. I'm wondering if Uncle Buck re-registered the title in his name only? Was the release of the title back in May a lucky fluke for Uncle Buck? Will I ever get a break from all this nonsense?

Stay tuned...


7/23/09-UPDATE-
Well, the credit union released the title in error back in May. They contacted Uncle Buck as soon as they discovered the error, and told him to bring it back in to the credit union. Uncle Buck never got around to it, though. So Uncle Buck now has an unsecured loan that the credit union will be wanting him to pay off. My mom won't have to deal with any more of this BS, at least for the time being. I'm now contemplating sending Uncle Buck a certified letter telling him that being as he's the one who held on to the title, and traded the car in, this is his baby now. I can't write it just yet, though. I'm still a little too ticked, and I don't think I could keep my cool. Case solved!

1 comment:

Lola said...

Holy crap! How could the state release that title without a release from the credit union?

Someone is not going to have clear title to that car when they get that all straightened out.