Friday, August 28, 2009

Random Nonsense- It's What I Do Best

I've been trying for the past week to read "To Kill A Mockingbird", by Harper Lee. I decided to read it because it's one of the 'Great American Novels', a book that one 'should read in their lifetime'. I have not seen the movie yet, either. But Lord help me, half the time I'm ready to just throw the book down on the ground and stomp all over it. The three kids, Scout, Jem and Dill, annoy the hell out of me. Nosy little nitwits. Why can't they just leave Boo Radley alone? If I had been that much of a bother when I was a kid my mom would have beat the tar out of me. Never mind that she was the Gladys Kravitz of our neighborhood, and always watched and speculated about the neighbors. I don't get it. I don't know if I can finish the thing or not.

I am thoroughly sick to death of hearing about Michael Jackson. Whatever he was or was not, it's kind of late to speculate on that now. I was a huge fan of his music, and obviously, somewhere along the way, he got on the wrong path. But just bury the man and shut up already.

I have decided that starting September 1, I am going to make a commitment to walk for 30 minutes twice a day. I'm in a rut, and I need to make some positive changes in my life. Taking better care of myself might be a nice start, huh?

I'm making a list of all the crap I need to do around the Casa, and honestly, I could almost care less. Cobwebs? Let 'em keep multiplying. Stained carpet? Whatever. It will all get done, never fear, I'm just feeling pissy because I'm the one that always has to do it all. Dont' mind me, I'm just wearing my cranky-pants!

No comments: