Thursday, August 27, 2009

Silliness and Nonsense

As my family navigates its way though the world of school sports, I'm finding that more and more, the adults often act more childish than the children themselves do.

I started out writing out the entire story in this post, but six paragraphs later, I felt I just couldn't subject you to this much stupidity and immaturity. Long story short- the Husband is coaching, Chickenhead is playing. A couple of other coaches got their panties in a wad over petty crap, tried to get the Husband removed, told lies, and ended up quitting and pulling their boys off the team when the Husband rightfully called them out on their BS. So apparently it's ok to teach your children that it's perfectly acceptable to lie to try to get your way, and if that doesn't work, you just get your toys and stomp off the playground and go home.

In other school-related news, Chickenhead will be taking music lessons this year. In our district, at the 4th grade level the kids can take beginner strings. The instrument choices were violin, viola or cello. Chickenhead chose the cello. I am so excited! I always wanted to learn how to play the cello. I may have to take it out and play it when he's not around. No, maybe not. There's a very real possiblity that I could break it. I'll just keep it in the case and stay out of the front living room where it currently resides.

My mom is doing better. She's walking around the nursing center with her walker now, not using the wheelchair at all. We went to the neurologist on Monday, and he's not certain that she has dementia or not. He's referred her to another doctor for neuro-psych testing that should determine it once and for all. We think she'll be coming home within the next week or two as well. She's still wanting to live on her own, and maybe once she's released from physical therapy, she'll be able to. Everything is one step at a time.

So, that's what's going on. I'm contemplating a makeover- new hair, new makeup, new wardrobe. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Lola said...

Glad to hear your Mom is doing better.