Wednesday, September 30, 2009

25 Things I Stole From Another Blog

Again with the blog-lifting! This time from my pal, LurkerGirl. I will post original, non-stolen thoughts of my very own soon. I promise! In the mean time-

1. Who was your first prom date? My first and only prom date was Randy. He was younger than me and I asked him to go and we had a blast. Dinner at Red Lobster and freaking out trying not to get shrimp scampi sauce on the ruffles of my dress. He wore a white tux with a baby blue bow tie and cumberbund to match my dress. He was my BFF's brother and a total sweetheart.

2. Do you still talk to your first love? I don't even really know who my first love was. I lusted after a lot of guys but I don't talk to any of them.

3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Probably beer or wine coolers, but I recall a very bad early incident with Jack Daniels.

4. What was your first job? Orange Julius. Despite the nasty double-knit uniform, I loved that job because I had free 1/4lb hot dogs and pina-colada Julius' whenever the boss wasn't around.

5. What was your first car? Never had one.

6. Who was the first person to text you today? Nobody.

7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Probably Chickenhead because I was trying to remember if his jeans were in the dryer or needed to be washed. Luckily they were clean, as it is too cool to be wearing shorts today.

8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Langley. That's really all I remember about her.

9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Chicago

10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Rhonda and I have been BFF since 1983. That's 26 years, people! We talk every day.

11. Where was your first sleepover? Some girl when I was in 2nd grade. I don't remember her name, but her dad ran the projector at the drive-in theater, so we got to get freebies at the concession stand and sit up in the projection tower with him.

12. Who was the first person you talked to today? Chickenhead

13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? My cousin Robert's wedding to his wife, Sophie. I was the candle-lighter. I had a long pink dress with lace sleeves. The dress had a square neckline that was not low cut AT ALL, but my mom insisted that it was so she made me a lace cape. Yes, a lace cape. It was more like a lace poncho. I hated that thing. All photos taken of me on their wedding day show me pissed off beyond belief. I was fantasizing about ripping that cape off, stomping on it and using one of the candles to set it aflame.

14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Pondered calling in sick, but then deciding to go ahead and go to work, already.
15. What was the first concert you went to? Rick Springfield--Do you know he is now 60! And he's STILL freaking HAWT! (LurkerGirl, me too!!) Ok, well no. The first concert I went to was the Osmonds at the Missouri state fair in 1976. I got to meet them. It was awesome. But yes, Rick Springfield is still hot!

16. First tattoo? I don't have it yet, but I want it.

17. First piercing? My ears when I was in junior high.

18. First foreign country you went to? Mexico

19. First movie you remember seeing? I vaguely remember seeing Disney's 'Song of the South' when I was really young, but the first movie I really recall the whole experience of seeing was 'Jaws'.

20. What state (province) did you first live in? Kansas

21. Who was your first room mate? The Husband.

22. When was your first detention? High school.

23. When was your first kiss? I don't even recall who or when. Must not have been a good kisser!

24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? Yeah, salsa dancing! With Antonio Banderas!

25. Who will be the next person to post this? No clue. But if you post it on your blog, leave a comment here so I can check it out! :)

1 comment:

cathycan said...

Kelley, You made me laugh this morning and I needed it! You are goin' on the "follow" list and I
am going to "lift" the hell out of this post!
thanks for the chaos!