Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Musings, Rants, Ponderings, etc...


Happy September! The cool weather that we've had the past few days has got me all geared up for autumn. I was able to finally turn off the A/C and air the house out.



My mom may be coming home next week. I hope that she'll do OK once she gets home. I think she will. I'm having a bit of an issue with the psychiatrist at the nursing center she's at. He has told my mom that she does not have dementia at all. Nope, all of her problems were caused by swelling of the brain, which according to him, was caused by Zoloft. So as long as she doesn't take any more Zoloft, she'll be fine. Huh? OK, a couple of things here. First, her neurologist was the one who ordered the MRI, CT scans and doppler scans of her brain when she first went in to the hospital. His exact words to me was that there was not ANY kind of trauma to the brain, no sign of stroke, tumor, blood clot, swelling, anything. He hasn't steered my mom wrong yet, so I trust him. Second, don't you think if a drug caused something as serious as swelling of the brain, maybe it shouldn't be on the market?

I would love it if my mom's afflictions were the result of taking a medication she shouldn't have been prescribed. But I don't want her to cling to that, only to later find out it's not true. We'll be going to see a neuro-psychologist soon, and hopefully he can pin down an answer for sure.


Why, oh why is Michelle Duggar pregnant AGAIN? I am simply confounded and slightly repulsed at the way this family reproduces. We get it, you're fertile. As I said the other day, I fully expect her uterus to walk out and turn in it's letter of resignation after baby #19 is born.



Tomorrow night is Back To School night, not to be confused with the previously attended Back To School Bash. The bash was a pizza/ice cream party, the night is for parents only, a chance to meet the teacher, find out how her/his mind works, etc. I would say I'm looking forward to it, but that wouldn't be completely true, as I'll have to interact with the shallow, clique-ish bunch of parents at Chickenhead's school. Don't get me wrong, there are a few really nice, genuine people who have children in his class. But there are also some of the same shallow, petty types you probably recognize from the cliques back in your high school days. Frank Zappa was right- 'Life is like high school,except you get money'. The kids in the clique never change, they just grow up and have kids of their own. Anymore they don't bother me as much as they used to. I've discovered that one of the best things about being 40(ish) is that you no longer give a rat's rump what people think. If they want to be shallow and petty, that's their issue, it won't be mine.

No comments: