Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things To Do Before I Die

Don’t worry, I’m not planning on going anywhere, not yet, anyway. But whenever I get the Facebook note asking you to list all the things you’ve done, I think to myself, ‘but what about the things I haven’t done yet?’

Since I’m about to turn forty-two (or is it my second 21st birthday?), it’s about time that I start thinking about all of the things I want to do in this life, and get on it. So while I may be shelfing that dream to hang out in a hash house in Amsterdam, there are still plenty of attainable goals I can meet. In no particular order, here are the things I want to do-

1. Go to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) in New York City. I may as well go to the Met while I’m there, too.
2. Watch the sunrise from the shores of the Atlantic, preferably in New England.
3. Watch the sunset from the Pacific, maybe in Seattle. Do they get sunlight up there?
4. Spend a ‘Ferris Bueller’ type day roaming around Chicago. Only without the Ferrari.
5. Have a birthday party in Vegas with my closest friends. Hell, have any party with my closest friends, I love being around them!
6. Take Chickenhead to a rock concert.
7. Make a piecrust from scratch.
8. Go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame for a day
9. Take a family vacation to the Grand Canyon.
10. Get a tattoo.

I’m sure as I think about it more, I’ll come up with more things I want to do. What about you? Are there things you want to do, but just haven’t done yet?

3 comments:

Lola said...

Let me know when you decide to do #4, I have had a Ferris Day in ages. I'm way overdue. The Art Institute is awesome.

cathycan said...

Found your blog via Country Doctor's Wife" and I love it!!
I feel like we saw each other across the school room, each being ignored, and thought "I bet I'd like her!"
hahaha, "hash house" at first I thought you meant like.. a diner! hehe

Kelley said...

I like diners too, Cathy! Thanks for coming by, hope to see you again!