Tuesday, December 1, 2009

OK, So I've Been A Little Busy...

We're still in a midst of a holiday hurricane here at the Casa. Things will calm down soon, I'm sure, but for now, I'm going in about 60 different directions.

The tree is half-way up, and may not get finished until tomorrow. I don't know about you, but when I put the tree up, I have to put the lights on a certain way. I wrap each branch in lights as I put it on the pole. Thanks to my OCD lighting issues, my new strand of 300 white lights did only the bottom three tiers of branches. And guess who doesn't have more white lights? Mmm-hmm... So tomorrow I will send the Husband out to pick up more lights and we can get that beast finished already.

I have got one thing accomplished- I got all of my Christmas cards made and all but five of them in the mail. I need to go get more stamps and I'm sure by then, I'll think of about ten more people I should send a card to. I'll post pictures of the cards later tonight.

Christmas shopping still needs to be done. I bought Chickenhead three things from Amazon.com. He loves a series of children's books called 'The 39 Clues', so I bought him the latest book, a card game and a calendar. If you ask him specifically what he wants this year, he'll rattle off a few video game titles and the always popular Nerf dart gun. Have you ever been attacked by a 9-year old with a round of 100 Nerf darts in his semi-automatic Nerf gun? I have, and it's not pretty.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. My girlfriends are coming over for the annual cookie exchange! We had so much fun last year, sitting around talking and nibbling on tasty treats! I've got two recipes up my sleeve and I'll share them with you this weekend, along with pictures. It should be a blast.

So, that's what's been going on around here. I'm looking forward to the new year, and the new possibilities that it brings. And the opportunity to take it easy!

No comments: