Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Really Have No Idea Anymore

I think I've got the winter blahs. I sit around the Casa and see so much that needs to be done, but I just don't have the ambition to do it. I'm starting to tackle some projects, though, and once I get in there and get going, I'm OK.

I've started going through some of my mom's things. I'm sorting out what to donate, what I want to keep, what I may put in a garage sale in the spring. I hadn't really realized how much 'stuff' my mom had. It's sometimes difficult to decide whether to keep an object or let it go; am I keeping it because I feel like I have to, or because it means something to me? It's going to be a longer process than I anticipated, that's for sure.

Chickenhead had a strings concert the other night. He was incredible! When he played, it sounded like actual music! Really, all of the 4th grade strings kids sounded great. The 5th grade band, well...not so much. My hat's off to the music teachers of the world because some of those kids sounded like they were torturing animals with their instruments. Chickenhead was looking good, too. It was his first time to wear a tie. We didn't have a clip-on, so he had to wear one of the Husband's ties. I have to admit, the kid cleans up pretty good-



Not much else is going on around here, really. The Husband and I are gearing up for our 15th anniversary at the end of the month. No big plans, maybe dinner out. I need to make some cards, I feel like I can get back in to that now that the holidays are over and the house is back to some sort of order. We're wanting to buy a house, God help us. I'm tired of Loony Landlady, and we're not getting more for our money by just renting. So keep your fingers crossed that we can get qualified for a loan, and find the right house. We're hoping to luck in to a foreclosure property, fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know what you're going through. When my Gramma and Dad died within weeks of each other, I wanted to keep so many things that I had no place for and didn't need but felt I "should." 15 years later, I still have items (furniture) that are just taking up room but I feel guilty about getting rid of them. I have to remind myself that it's just stuff. The memories are in your heart and in your mind.