Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Lifetime

i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

My Darling Husband,

I can scarcely believe that we have been married for 15 years. In some ways, and on some days, it seems as though we've been together forever. For freakin-ever!! But then again, it sometimes feels like those years have flown by in a matter of days. These 15 years we have shared have brought me my highest highs and the lowest of lows. Some days, I have wanted to run away as far and as fast as I could (which if you've seen my Wii Fit score, is not far or fast at all), and most days, I could never imagine a life without you in it.

You and I have seen the best and worst of each other. We've been there for each other through thick and thin, good times and bad. Loving you has made me a better, stronger person. Seeing you grow as a person has made me proud to be your wife. Knowing how much you love Chickenhead, and seeing the closeness that the two of you share fills my heart with love and joy. You and I both know how difficult a childhood without love can be.

I could go on and on with this, but I won't. I will close this by simply saying that you are my heart, you and our son are my world. Thank you for 15 of the best years of my life. I love you.

2 comments:

phd in yogurtry said...

Root of my root, bud of my bud? That sounds kinda kinky. But I like it.

Happy 15 to you and your LoveBud.

Kelley said...

Thanks! Yes, I think ee cummings was in to some interesting activities...