Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Another Day In Paradise

Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah!!!! The MIL, who has been crashed out on my sofa for a week now, due to ISSUES, is leaving tomorrow! I would like to say that I love and respect this woman, but she has severely tested the boundaries of our relationship, and right now, I just can't. I have a deep-seated mistrust of her, and have lost all respect for her. I don't know if I can come back from that, at least not at the moment.

Other than that, things are going good. We are cautiously excited- we got approved for a home loan! We can now be in life-long debt, just like the rest of America! Yay us!! We were supposed to meet with a Realtor this past weekend, but the weather caused us to reschedule for this coming Wednesday. We still haven't quite decided on where we want to live, but I think we'll get that figured out soon enough. For now, I'm focusing on looking at houses that are in our price range that are in a good school district.

I missed getting together with my friends on Saturday- I really wanted to scrap with them! I haven't seen them in ages. But, it would have meant leaving the MIL in our house alone for a period of time, and she's proven that she can't be trusted in that situation. I will see them next month, though.

We took Chickenhead to the doctor last Monday for a checkup and a review of his ADD meds. He was using the Daytrana patch, which worked great for a while, but I think his body simply outgrew it. So he's now taking Vyvanese, which I'm able to dissolve in a glass of juice for him each morning. He's doing so much better! It's amazing to see the turnaround he's had in class, even after just one week. He's able to focus, is getting his classwork done and is getting his homework completed in record time. He's even reading on his own, which had really dropped off in the past few months. While I'm not thrilled with him having to take medication, if it's helping him to concentrate in class and get the work done and keep up with his peers, then I'll deal with it. It makes me happy as a parent to see him looking forward to going to school again, and excited about what he's doing in class.

I went to the doctor on Monday as well. I talked with the doctor about how my mom passed away as a result of heart disease and how I was really kind of afraid that I might be headed down that same path. The doctor was great, and he took the time to talk to me, and helped me come up with a plan to continue to try to make the healthier choices when it comes to eating and exercise. I know what I need to be doing, it's just getting myself to do it. I think it's also about accepting that some days are better than others, and if I do have a 'bad' day, I don't beat myself up about it, I just pick myself up and keep going.

And really, that's about all that's going on. I was wanting to make something for the silent auction at school, but didn't get to it. It's just as well, the school carnival is on the same night as the Blue and Gold dinner, so we'll be going to that instead. Maybe next time!

5 comments:

cathycan said...

OOhh, would love to hear the story behind the "can't be trusted alone in your house" situation. You are a good person, and wife, to put up with it.
Have fun at the Blue and Gold..I remember those days!

Lurker Girl said...

Buh Bye now--don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

May peace and harmony return to your home!! :)

Kelley said...

Cathy, I need to figure out how to tell the story in a way that wouldn't lead to legal action. My MIL is not only um, 'eccentric', but also highly litigious, a dangerous combination! I probably shouldn't worry too much, sh doesn't know much about the interwebs or how to use the google. In the meantime, I will be smudging the house and re-aligining my chi! Peace, yo!

jenn said...

Oooh, house hunting is so much fun! Keep us posted on what you find.

Good for you for being proactive and going to the doctor. I'm in much the same position: huge family history of heart disease and a serious personal lack of motivation in eating well and (especially) exercising. Good luck! I'm working on it, too.

Rechelle said...

Kelley - Can't be bothered with Christopher! Wanted to read you instead! So sorry about the MIL. Holy crap. She sounds like a DOOZY!