Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just Stuff...

It’s been a frustrating week, and it’s only half over! On Monday, I was going to update my blog during my lunch hour. I pulled up IE only to discover that our virus protection system is blocking virtually all blogs. I’ve heard rumors of a virus that some people are picking up from blogs, so I suppose that’s why they’re blocked. I understand, but I have to admit it was a bit unsettling to see a pop-up that said my blog was ‘potentially harmful’. Wow. I feel like a felon! I hate it that I can't get my daily fix of Cake Wrecks or PW, though.


I then planned on writing Tuesday night, and well, it was the season premiere of LOST, and hello, I don’t do anything when LOST is on! This being the final season, we are supposed to have all of our questions answered, but last night left me with more questions than ever. I decided last season that the show is too complex to give too much deep thought to, so I just sit back and enjoy the ride. It will all make sense in the end. Won’t it?

Last night I made myself sit down and do our taxes, and got all happy about our refund. My happiness was killed, though, when I got an email stating that the Fed return had been rejected so I had to go back and fix it and e-file all over again. Now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be OK.


I took last Friday off, and spent the day at Chickenhead’s school for Kansas Day celebrations. I was a bit wary of the whole thing, but turns out the kids had a blast and so did I! The kids made candles, tin punch candle holders, and homemade butter. The butter was a huge it; the kids simply poured some heavy whipping cream in to a mason jar, put the lid on tight, and shook the jar for 10 minutes. Voila! Butter! We served the kids lunch, which they ate from tin pie-plates, and sat on blankets on the floor. I was really glad I volunteered, and the mom’s who were in charge of the event did a great job.



Towards the end of this month is the school carnival and I‘ll be making a couple of things for the silent auction. I’ve also been working more on going through my mom’s things, and have gotten a lot accomplished. Now if I could just get rid of that dollhouse kit! Anyone wanna buy a dollhouse kit? Let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Care to share hints on your sorting of parental "stuff"? I keep getting bogged down.

Kelley said...

Hmm..well, it's not the easiest process, is it? I'm keeping some things that have a lot of sentimental value or are family heirlooms. But even among those things are items that I have no real use for. I can only keep so many nick-nacks or candy dishes. Some stuff I have to decide do I have really fond memories attached to it, or do I just remember it? Does that make sense? Good luck with your sorting!